- Attic Fans
- Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors
- Ceiling Fans
- Central Vacuum Systems
- Connected/Smart Homes
- Electrical Panels
- Electrical Wiring and Rewiring
- GFCI and AFCI Outlets
- Home Automation Systems
- Home Wiring Installations
- Indoor and Outdoor Lighting
- Surge Protection
Indoor Air Quality
Home » Air Conditioning » Duct Repair and Replacement
Duct Repair and Replacement in Hillsborough, NJ
The ventilation system in your home is designed to remain mostly unseen and out of the way. Because of this, you probably rarely think about the condition of the ductwork that makes up the ventilation system. But these same ducts might be stealing money from you every month because of poor design, shoddy initial installation, air leaks, and/or damage. Duct repairs, or even duct replacements, are necessary to fix these problems, and only HVAC professionals can handle this work accurately.
Pezz Electrical Services LLC is experienced with duct repair and replacement services. It’s part of our long commitment to delivering the highest quality HVAC work to Hillsborough and throughout the rest of Central New Jersey. We have certified technicians on staff who will make sure you’re satisfied with the job they perform. If you aren’t, we’ll refund your money—no questions asked! Call today to schedule important duct services.
How to Tell You Need Duct Repair or Replacement
The major difficulty when it comes to diagnosing ductwork repair problems is how to tell that the problems exist in the first place. After all, most of the ducts are hidden. However, there are symptoms of duct problems you may notice that will warn you it’s time to call professionals.
- High heating and cooling bills: Leaking or inefficient ductwork makes the job of air conditioners and forced–air heating systems (furnaces, heat pumps) more difficult. Leaks alone can account for a loss of up to 30% of the air moving through the ventilation system. When you notice your energy bills are spiking and you can’t tell why, you should have duct professionals take a look.
- Rattling noises when the comfort system is on: Loose and damaged ducts will often make a rattling noise when air moves through them.
- Drop in air quality: Gaps that open along the ducts will allow in extra dust and dirt that will then circulate through your home’s air.
- Musty and moldy odors from the vents: These smells often indicate that the ductwork is open to a closed–off section of the house, such as the attic or between the walls.
Are Professional Duct Repair Services That Critical?
Yes, absolutely. It’s not just an issue of needing to fix the problems listed above and restore the HVAC system to its maximum energy efficiency. It’s also an issue of the skills and tools available only to professionals. Replacing ducts is obviously a job that you don’t want to do yourself, but you shouldn’t let an amateur handle it either. If the wrong size duct goes in, it will severely hamper the entire HVAC system—and this is an easy error to make for the untrained.
What about more standard duct repairs, such as sealing air leaks? You may think that it will only take a roll of duct tape to handle this, but that’s not the case. Duct tape isn’t actually for ducts and won’t seal them adequately. Professionals need to seal air leaks using tools like mastic sealant and metallic tapes. They can also access the ducts without causing disruption or damage.
It’s not hard to locate the best professionals to handle these jobs. They’re right here at Pezz Electrical Services LLC. We can take care of your ductwork needs in Hillsborough, NJ and the surrounding areas.