- Attic Fans
- Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors
- Ceiling Fans
- Central Vacuum Systems
- Connected/Smart Homes
- Electrical Panels
- Electrical Wiring and Rewiring
- GFCI and AFCI Outlets
- Home Automation Systems
- Home Wiring Installations
- Indoor and Outdoor Lighting
- Surge Protection
Indoor Air Quality
Home » Air Conditioning » Thermostats
Home Thermostat Services in Hillsborough, NJ
The thermostat is the control center for your HVAC system. It may appear unassuming on the wall where it’s located, but without a working thermostat that’s up-to-date to communicate effectively with the heater, air conditioner, and fans, a house will suffer from inferior comfort and inflated energy bills. It may even end up with no heating or cooling at all. Arranging for thermostat replacement and repairs is often the key to having a comfortable home and utility bills you can live with.
Pezz Electrical Services LLC is a full service HVAC and electrical contractor, and that means we have plenty of professional experience with thermostats. We will find the right thermostats for a new HVAC installation or to upgrade outdated thermostats. We’ll also repair a malfunctioning thermostat so it works at the precision level it should. Rely on us in Hillsborough, NJ and elsewhere in Central New Jersey. “Generating Comfort and Safety: Electrical, Generators, Heating & Cooling.”
The Problems an Old or Malfunctioning Thermostat Can Create
Many common air conditioning and heating problems can be traced to issues with the thermostat. A short–cycling heater or air conditioner (one that turns on and off rapidly) might be due to a thermostat registering incorrect temperatures. Bad thermostat wiring can also result in a comfort system that won’t turn on or won’t turn off.
If your thermostat is an old type, such as a manual slider–and–dial model, then it’s probably costing you money both in lack of precision and lack of programmable features. If you’ve updated your HVAC system, but didn’t update your thermostat, you won’t be able to get the most out of your updated AC and heater.
Thermostat Installation and Thermostat Replacement Options
If you decide to upgrade to a new type of thermostat, or you’re having a thermostat installed with a new HVAC system, you have a number of possible choices:
- Digital thermostat: Even if you pick a baseline digital thermostat without programmability, it still offers more precise temperature setting than a manual model. Installing a programmable thermostat is strongly recommended, however, since it allows you some control over the climate in your home when you’re away. You can return home to cooled or warmed house without leaving the HVAC system running all day.
- Wireless thermostat: A wireless thermostat gives you much more freedom, since you can communicate to the unit through a Wi–Fi network and app on your phone. Wherever you have access to Wi–Fi or a satellite connection, you can reach your thermostat to program it, adjust it, or turn it on or off.
- Smart thermostat: Why not pick a thermostat that does most of the work for you? A smart thermostat "learns" from your history of settings and develops a program that suits your life—while also finding the best ways to save energy.
Let Our HVAC Professionals Help with Your Thermostat Needs
If the different thermostat options leave you feeling a bit bewildered, don’t worry about it. We’re here to see that you end up with the ideal unit to maximize home comfort and energy savings. Whenever your HVAC system encounters trouble that may stem from the thermostat, you can rely on our technicians to track down the malfunction and have it fixed.
At Pezz Electrical Services LLC, we want you to be 100% satisfied with the work we perform for you. If you aren’t, then we’ll refund your money with no questions asked. Contact us today for service in Hillsborough, NJ and the surrounding areas.