- Attic Fans
- Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors
- Ceiling Fans
- Central Vacuum Systems
- Connected/Smart Homes
- Electrical Panels
- Electrical Wiring and Rewiring
- GFCI and AFCI Outlets
- Home Automation Systems
- Home Wiring Installations
- Indoor and Outdoor Lighting
- Surge Protection
Indoor Air Quality
Home » Indoor Air Quality » Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers
Whole–House Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers in Hillsborough, NJ
You can have the best heating and air conditioning system installed in your home to deal with the temperature swings throughout the year, but still end up feeling swelteringly hot or unpleasantly cold because of the home’s humidity levels. A humid summer traps heat inside your body, making the weather feel much hotter, while a bone-dry winter will cause the heat to flee from your body and put a nasty edge to the chill. To deal with either problem requires a whole-house humidifier or dehumidifier. In some situations, you’ll need both.
Pezz Electrical Services LLC provides installation, repair, replacement, and maintenance services for both types of humidity balancing systems. We’ve been generating comfort and safety for over 20 years in Hillsborough, NJ, and we guarantee satisfaction or your money back.
How You Benefit from Balanced Indoor Humidity
The right balance of indoor humidity is between 30% and 50%. If humidity rises or lowers to either extreme, it can create multiple problems. Below are some of the ways that whole–house humidifiers and dehumidifiers will benefit you by providing humidity balance:
- Better Comfort: High humidity makes it difficult to stay cool in warm weather, even with a powerful air conditioner. Low humidity causes the opposite problem, making cool weather far less pleasant.
- Energy savings: Trying to defeat humid heat or a dry chill with your AC or heater consumes additional energy. When you have balanced humidity around the year, you won’t need to run your comfort system as often—and you’ll notice the difference on your utility bills.
- Improved health: Humid conditions encourage the growth of molds that send out toxic spores into the air. On the other edge of the spectrum, a dry home allows for illnesses to spread faster because it dries out sinuses and mucus membranes. Your household will suffer from fewer sick days thanks to balancing the humidity.
The Workings of a Humidifier and Dehumidifier
A whole–house humidifier works on a basic principle: it adds moisture to the air moving through the ventilation system before it reaches the indoors. The humidifier contains a pad kept moistened with water taken from the plumbing system, and this pad loses its moisture to the air that passes over it. A humidistat controls the humidity levels so that your house won’t become too damp.
A dehumidifier operates in a way similar to an air conditioner. It circulates refrigerant through two sets of coils. The first coils remove heat and moisture from the air in the ventilation system as it passes through, while the second set of coils reheats the air to its original temperature. In this way, the dehumidifier will not interfere with the heating or air conditioner’s performance.
For the Best Humidifier and Dehumidifier Services, Call Us
You’ll find everything you need to enjoy balanced humidity in your home when you rely on our team at Pezz Electrical Services LLC. Our services also include humidifier and dehumidifier repair, so whenever your indoor conditions take a swing in the wrong direction, you only need to contact us and we’ll be there to solve everything. If you need a replacement for your whole–house humidifier or dehumidifier, we can find the best new unit to suit your needs. And no matter the job, if you aren’t satisfied with the work we do, we’ll refund your money with no questions asked! Trust us in Hillsborough, NJ and the surrounding areas for the best dehumidifier and humidifier services.